Headpod Keeps your Head Up
Dynamic Head Suspension System for people with loss of head control due to hypotonia in the muscles of the neck.
Revolutionary “Dynamic and physiological” system
With Headpod the head rotates with astounding precision. Something totally unexpected in persons with Cerebral Palsy and other conditions.
Headpod is not a traction system,
it helps maintain the head in equilibrium over the shoulders rendering it weightless and allowing to move it effortlessly with total precission.
Due to the continuous promotion of movement, Headpod helps strenghtening the muscles of the neck.
They forget about the issue of maintaining the head upright so the tone lowers and they can focus on other activities.
- Reduces hypertonia and hyperextension, avoiding the effort the users need to make to maintain an upright position, improving also their coordination and movement control.
- Headpod provides a variety of beneficial secondary effects thanks to the fact of maintaining a good healthy position.
One device, three presentations
Headpod Kit Standard
Ref. HP100: Contains a Headpod Harness and three adaptors so you can fit it to most equipments on the market with no tools.
Ref. HP102: For kids with a head perimeter of less than 19′ (48cm). Includes two fixed arcs instead of an adjustable arc. The rest is just like the Standard Kit.
Ref. HP104: Contains the same elements as the Standard Kit plus an adjustable headrest. Is by far the best possible adaptation.
Headpod has no adverse secondary effects and helps both users and caregivers
Kids between 2 and 14 years old unable to maintain the weight of the head over their shoulders due to hypotonia in the muscles of the neck and have not an elevated tone in the trunk or pronunciated deformities. This happens in some types of cerebral palsy, neurological conditions and syndromes or conditions wich cause weakness in the muscles of the neck.
Kids older than 14 years and adults with a lower muscle tone in neck and trunk whose head can be easily manipulated and without significative kyphosis, any pronounced deformities on the column or significative mechanical restrictions.
- Obtain an upright and phisiological position of head and neck allowing it to move and rotate easily, improving the development of the muscles of the neck.
- To be able to feed more comfortably and safe.
- Prevents deformities contractures and pain associated with both.
- To have a better visual communication with the surroundings.
- To have a balanced posture and a more relaxed muscular tone with less distonia which helps to better do any activities such as phisycal therapy, speach therapy, pedagogy, ocupational therapy, thus allowing for a better performance in school.
- Better breathing, decreasing complications such as respiratory failure, pneumonia, bronquiestacsia, etc..
- Improves hand-sight coordination.
- Decreases drooling.
- Caregivers improve the ergonomy and prevent injuries.
How to adjust Headpod
How to adjust Headpod
How to adjust the adapters
Pay special atention to where the adapter is fitted and the suspension element.
If Headpod slips upwards, we recommend you one of the following solutions
Option 1: If the occipital mesh slips upwards, we recommend using the Anti Slip Strap (HP307).
Option 2: If the frontal strap slips upwards, then we recommend using the Chin Strap (HP308). Both are included in all our kits.